I’ve just had a large amount of parts shot blasted including three front panels that I am going to get galvanised. All three panels have the usual rot on the bottom section of the panel and I’m repairing this by cutting out the damaged area and welding in some 30mm x 3mm angle iron that I’ve got kicking about. All three panels have come back in great shape after blasting, I didn’t take any pictures of the panels prior to blasting but believe me they were rough!! Apart from the bottom sections that obviously need repair, the rest of the panel is as good as new. The first two panels just required a section cutting out and replacing with a length of angle, the third has a bit more rot then the other two and will require more fabrication.
And the finished galvanised article: